- Install a minimal system of CentOS in VirtualBox
- Activate networking on boot by enabling eth0 in
. . . ONBOOT=yes . . .
- Add a vagrant user and assign the password
- Give sudo rights to that user by adding
vagrant ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALLwith visudo
- Disable requirement of having a TTY by commenting out the following settings with visudo:
#Defaults requiretty #Defaults !visiblepw
- Add insecure Vagrant public key from https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/blob/master/keys/vagrant.pub to vagrant’s authorized_keys
- Add development tools for building the guest addons with
yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=c6-media install kernel-devel gcc make dkms perl
The repo options are useful if you want to install from local installation media (ISOs) instead of fetching all from the net.
- Install guest addons with
- halt the machine
- Remove all hardware that is not necessary from the base machine or else it will be available on the machines set up with Vagrant later!
- Package Box with
vagrant package --base Name-Of-Machine-In-VirtualBox
Should Vagrant be unable to connect to your boxes derived from that base box, you might have a problem with SELinux, see here how this can be fixed!